I'd like to make a suggestion going forward, though it won't help you
recover what has already been lost.  I do hope you're able to get your
work back.

Implement something local like FreeNAS, which uses ZFS and software
RAID.  You'll need some hardware and a few drives.  For example, I
have a 1U rack server with 4 1TB drives in it.  I have a total of
1.7TB of available storage in that box.  So if a drive fails, I can
simply remove it and plug in a new one without loss of data.  There
are turnkey NAS solutions, but FreeNAS is pretty easy to set up, will
run on just about any X86-64 box, and their documentation is top
notch.

Then, buy some off-site storage to mirror your local storage.
https://www.rsync.net/pricing.html  Those guys also use ZFS, so it
should be pretty straightforward to use something like "zfs send" to
keep everything in sync.

--
Scott Loveless
Camp Hill, PA  USA