Two work-around suggestions…
1. Can you restore your previous LR6? Then locate and keyword your images.
2. I agree about Lightroom CC, but I use Lightroom Classic CC. I do object to
the Subscription model, but the cost is probably lower than what I was spending
on annual upgrades and I do get other apps in the Photo bundle. Try the Classic
and see if that doesn’t work for you…

Stan