On 16/2/19, David J Brooks, discombobulated, unleashed:

> I have two set of Newfoundland
>photos, one from the Nikon and one form the Pentax, both have
>different naming structures and file numbers. I would LOVE to have
>these in some sort of order from both cameras and realize i would have
>to do a lot of renaming,
>Nikons are _D720250 etc
>Pentax are _IGP9000 etc
>
>I'm racking my brain trying to determine the best way to do this. The
>reason for wanting them in orderish is that i took maybe 20 shots of
>an item with Nikon and say 30 with the Pentax with its shorter lens so
>i'd like to have everything flow nice. I used to have renamer for mac
>but it does not work now with OS 10.11.6
>
>Any ideas appreciated.

Easy - a renaming app that does batches of files in one go. There's some free
and some paid - I've used a freeby called 'Renamer4mac' for years and it works
great:

<http://pecora.io/en/mac/Renamer4Mac/>

Or this paid for app:

<https://renamer.com>