> On 22 March 2019 at 14:54 David J Brooks <pentko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Just tossing this out there to see if there is any solutions to my
> strange problem.
>
> A few months ago i started to hear noises in my computer room that at
> first oi attributed to outside bird activity, upon closer
> earzamination these noises were coming from my iMac. I get two types,
> first one sounds like Canadian geese honking as they fly by and the
> second is like someone blowing into a mike, that wind blown noise you
> get if taping in a heavy wind.
> I have tried rebooting and it still comes back. I have looked at
> google but nothing that seems to relate
>
> Any thoughts on this one.??

I get the latter noise from the USB speakers on my work desktop box.  I suspect
an internal connection to the port cluster is flaky but I'm not allowed to open
it up to fix it.  The box is padlocked, which shows my employers know me
_really_ well.  I would suspect a fan bearing for the geese.  We get that noise
from the laptop cabinet.  Which is also padlocked.