I've got a couple of friends from the Oregon coast heading to GB in a short while. There are quite a few folks on this list that live, or visit that part of the world, though my memory and geographic knowledge isn't good enough to know if anyone is within even a day's drive.

But, if anyone knows the area Mark and Kaety are heading to, and can recommend sites, and more importantly good places to eat, let me know and I'll introduce you folks by email.

In a FB Messenger discussion, Mark said:
We are staying a few days in the Cotswolds - Painswick area right outside Gloucester. We are using it as a base to foray out to see the medieval. A time in Bath, over to Avebury, a time to Wye Valley. We spend two night in London on the tail end. We love Indian but mostly we want to eat food so good it makes us cry.

--
Larry Colen           l...@red4est.com          http://red4est.com/lrc
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/collections/72157612824732477/