Thanks for that great advice, Bob.  I only wish we could have organised more
time in London.

The hop-on/hop-off buses are a great idea - we plan to do something similar in
Dublin.  I was aware of the Oyster card (similar, I think, to Sydney's Opal
card) so we'll be looking into that.

I'll keep 8 June in mind although I expect to be totally buggered most evenings
after being dragged around (willingly!) to all the galleries/museums by my wife
 :-)

Cheers
Brian