> On 13 July 2019 at 18:23 Ralf R Radermacher <fotor...@gmx.de> wrote:
>

> Am 13.07.19 um 15:59 schrieb mike wilson:
>
> > This has been common sense for decades in urban environments.  I used to
> > use a motorcycle for normal transport and hire a car when I needed the
> > capacity.  It's only since becoming a parent and having a job that requires
> > me to move stuff around on a regular basis that I have transitioned to car
> > ownership.  I'd go back to a bike in a heartbeat - and will when I retire.
>
> If you feel safe on anything with less than 4 wheels that's fine. I don't.

Feeling safe in a motor vehicle is pretty much a fallacy.  It's also worth
considering that a high feeling of security may be at least partly responsible
for some of the poor and aggressive driving we see.  Being on two wheels makes
me acutely aware of my vulnerability and forces me to be fully aware of my
surroundings.