On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, tom wrote:
> I bought some of the cheap brown plastic jugs at a camera store. They
> work ok, but I go through the chems pretty quick, so if there were a
> problem I probably wouldn't know it.

This is probably wiser than my planned attempt to just buy bottles with
hydrogen peroxide in 'em, and hope to clean them out. Alas, it also means
waiting until I find my way into that side of town.

> Dark glass is the container material of choice if you're not
> fumble-fingered. You can find drinks that come in brown and blue glass
> bottles and these work fine, or you can order them from science supply
> companies such as

Fumble fingered? Debatable. Unfortuantly, I just threw out a collection of
old Kahula and Skyy vokdabottles (you've got to buy in bulk when swilling
white russians like water...)

It didn't even occur to me to keep them. I need to drink more.

> Clear glass is ok too as long as you store the bottles in the dark. A
> half hour exposure to light every other week isn't going to make
> anything go bad.

This is what I expected. I oringally picked up a big jug of kitty litter,
gave the litter to the girlfriend, and was going to use the jug for my own
purposes, until I realized it wasn't remotely air tight.

--
http://www.infotainment.org
         "The destructive character is cheerful."  - Walter Benjamin