Except that I am a PENTAX shooter. I don't need a "reason". I made that choice years ago and see no reason to change now.

But there are notable absences of some more desirable focal lengths & maximum apertures from the current Pentax lens roadmap.

Where you going to find a FULL FRAME auto-focus 85mm f/1.4 for your K-1?

Hell, where you going to find a manual focus Pentax-A 85mm f/1.4 that Cotty hasn't already butchered to put it on a Canon? 8^)

For a while there, Sigma, Tamron & Tokina made some fairly desirable, high quality after-market lenses in Pentax mount, even some lenses Pentax never offered.

Lack of third party support is going to doom Pentax in the long run. I'm all right, because I managed to get everything I want (I know the difference between want & need) "while the gettin' was good", but how is Pentax going to attract a fair share of the few younger people who will want a REAL CAMERA instead of just an iPhone?

Who will want to buy Pentax when there's no "Pentax glass" left, and no third party support?