On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 08:09:54PM +0200, Alan C wrote:

> It seems to me highly unlikely that a Newbie in the realms of "higher
> photography" would choose Pentax today so I can only conclude that those of
> us who have remained with Pentax do so mostly for sentimental reasons.

Another reason why I'm still with Pentax (and probably why several others are)
is because the cost of moving to a different system would be prohibitive.

Plus, in any case, I'm not planning on buying much more photographic gear;
maybe one more body (either the projected eventual replacement for the K-3,
or if that never shows up possibly a K-1).

That would work with all my existing lenses, leaving me well covered all the
way from 16mm up to 600mm.  I don't really do any wide-angle or macro work,
so I don't anticipate being tempted by anything extra in the lens lineup.
One new body (to get a newer sensor and AF system than my current K-5) is
probably going to be enough for me.

About the only other option I'd consider would be switching to a 4/3 system.
That would certainly be easier to carry (which becomes more important with
each birthday), But getting glass as good as my DA*s and FA*s isn't cheap.