I'm sorry I offended you, Ken:

In my defense:
This thread is clearly marked "OT" and "political", so no one who is not
interested has to even open it.
I never argued any side of any political issue, just marveled at the
strangeness of it all.
Participation is the list is so low l thought any discussion would be
helpful.
There are important and fascinating events happening all over the world.
This is the only group I belong to that has a broad international
membership, and I am curious to see how people in other parts of the globe
feel about these events.
There have been many long discussions about cars, bikes, hiking and other
non-photography topics to which I never objected.
There has been damn little photography discussion here of late, or in fact,
discussion of any sort.
Back in the day, this list was very valuable to photographic hacks like me,
because when we posted something, several list members would point out all
the flaws,  and a few would even offer guidance on how to approve the
image.  Now the comments are similar to those found on FB, if indeed there
are any at all.

Your point however is well taken.  I shall cease and desist, and go away
quietly.

Dan Matyola