----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Phillips" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> What would be a suitable flash for this camera? The Pentax web site
suggests
> the AF201SA, but gives no details about this flash's capabilities. I think
> what Mike needs is a small flash with auto (ie aperture-set thyristor) and
> manual modes. As far as I can tell from the manual, the MZ-M does not do
TTL
> or communicate with zoom flash.

I use it with MZ-M and MX. AF201SA is a very simple flash. It has Guide
Number of 20 (meters), covers picture area of 35mm lens. It has a manual
mode and an auto mode (thyristor). When used with MZ-M it sets the aperture
according to iso speed (f5,6 for ISO100) (lens has to be set to A otherwise
yu have to set an aperture yourself). Also, when the flash has charged,
actual shutter speed can't be shorter than 1/100th. If something shorter is
set it would be overrulled.
This is what I found from my experience:
- it's dedicated - this flash is easy to use when using it as a flash in a
compact camera - set to auto and let it do the work
- I miss the bounce/swivel capabilities
- I missed couple of times the possibility of setting a flash to gice just a
part of light power needed
- I would like to have a coverage of at least 28mm
- I could use a bigger GN
- I guess I need a new flash ;-)

>From what I know (but I haven't dig that yet) you can get with a better
flash for the price od AF201SA, and it would be worth to look at some used
ones with more features.

Cheers

Maciej