Bill, you say “nice enough…”
More info please? I don’t really want another lens. If I were to buy this f/4.0
lens it would replace, not supplement my f/2.8 lens. The bulk and weight of the
/2.8 sometimes make me reluctant to even carry it with me. And if I do take it,
it means I leave something else behind. I wouldn’t mind sacrificing the
one-stop difference in max aperture, but what else would I be giving up?

So, do you also have the /2.8 and would you consider the /4.0 a reasonable
substitute?

Thanks!

Stan