I wish I could change that within the current user interface, however that behavior is baked in the cake.

I'll have to modify the underlying code to make it work the way you suggest.

In fact I build my html web pages that way, but in other ways they aren't nearly as flexible.

I'm still learning the tricks to getting the most out the current interface, and I need to look at the code in more depth to figure out if the changes can be made in the skin or need to be made deeper which unfortunately may be beyond what the developers allow.