On 4/2/2020 7:34 AM, Bruce Walker wrote:
Larry, much of it is in incremental refinements, and much of it is
under the hood. Speedups in all operations mean it handles my 645Z
files with ease. Faster previews and fewer delays when navigating
them.

Lr uses the GPU now. You can add an external GPU module and get more
speed. Lr also makes more use of multi-CPUs. I can now do dodge&burn
with adjustment brushes for portrait retouching. (If I tried in that
in old Lr it would kill the performance and wasn't practical.)  I can
avoid edits in Ps for more things.

My biggest complaint right now is that the older software seems to run very slowly. I have a pretty good machine, but some of what I am asking it to do seems like 1997 all over again.

bill