I am heading back to Floyd Co. VA this afternoon on a second scouting trip. Thanks to the local historical society I have accurate locations for two mills that I could not find last Tuesday, plus three other standing mills and two remaining water wheels, all of which I had not known of. Today I will have a compass to take bearings of my preferred look angles for all of the mills. In conjunction with an ephemeris app on my phone the bearings will let me plan when to return to each mill when it has optimum sunlight for a better photo.
--
Dale H. Cook, Radio Contract Engineer, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
https://plymouthcolony.net/starcityeng/index.html