Larry, you know, that is really the same principle as scanning or photographing a slide/negative.

Alan C

On 18-May-20 05:29 AM, Larry Colen wrote:
The cool idea that just won’t die

And, they even make it on topic with this spotty:

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/028/731/584/6d3b8d27fb9dfdb2fe8ac4d84f660fc1_original.gif?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1586911320&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=ac59ac9840cb207f50ac2686aa38fb03

About $360 with one dedicated back cover

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/samellos/im-back-35-new-version-with-manual-priority-function/description

I think that just about ever photographer that started out with film has wished
that they could use their old favorite cameras to shoot digital.  The problem
being that I can’t see the camera feeling right with everything added to it, so
you’d probably end up with the worst of both worlds. The only advantage I can
see is that it is nominally cheaper than buying a digital body that you can
mount the lenses to.

The sensor is a panasonic 34112 image sensor

It turns out that rather than focusing onto the sensor, they have a focusing
screen, which the imaging sensor takes a photo of. Something that I just can’t
see improving image quality.

https://backerclub.co/html.php?id=11823
"There is no crop factor? The sensor seems quite small, especially compared to e.g.
common APS-C sensors these days..."

There will have no crop factor from the size of sensor. The design of this product is called
"Depth-of-field_adapter" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth-of-field_adapter). In normal
digital camera, the image from the lens is directly projected onto the sensor. So the smaller the size
of the sensor, the more the image is cropped which we called crop factor. In this Depth-of-field adapter
"digital back", the image is projected onto the focusing screen, is almost 24mm x 36mm. And
then we use a digital camera to take a photo of this focusing screen. You can use a SLR, mirrorless or
any size of sensor to take this photo from the screen. There is no crop factor." Thanks. A. D. ;-)

What is interesting is the number of people that have already signed up to
spend $400 on something that should work so much worse with their lenses than a
used mirrorless body and a lens adapter.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com