They are all really the same thing. The first one is what I had in mind.

Alan C

On 21-May-20 11:14 AM, Larry Colen wrote:

On May 21, 2020, at 12:41 AM, Alan C <c...@lantic.net> wrote:

That really puts it into perspective! Mamiya used to make digital backs for their
67 film bodies - Pentax never did. Now if someone could produce something similar
for old SLR's as PJ suggests, it may yet be a proposition. Actually, I remember
seeing a video of a Heath Robinson device like that but it was very complicated to
use. Another possibility is to fit a screen in place of the film & then take a
macro shot with a big black cape over your head like the old time photographers.
I had seen something about people doing that with TLR focusing screens.

There is also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Lsnutki0E

Here we go, Through the Viewfinder

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Through_the_Viewfinder_photography

https://blog.jpegmini.com/photography-tutorial-shooting-through-the-viewfinder/

I think this quote sums it up even more than the author intended:

Shooting through the Viewfinder (or TfV) is a really rad technique in which a
photo is shot with one camera THROUGH the viewfinder of a second camera.  t’s
like adding a special kind of lens filter.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com