I find the macro lens hard to use but very rewarding.  I was using it handheld
and at that magnification, with limited usable ISO on the K10D, I had a fairly
narrow DOF.  It took me a few attempts to get the seeds in good focus.

I wouldn't normally use the 400 for flowers but those ones are high up with
awkward backgrounds.  I would dearly love to see what a more modern body could
do with that lens.  The AF on the K10D is frustrating to say the least.

Ann, the FA macro lens is also very heavy.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.  I have a couple more photos to post later.

Cheers,
Dave