Thanks, Alan and Rick.

Most head for one of my butterfly bushes or other nectar plants when
released.  They fuel up quite a bit before the migration

The generation that makes the migration lives about nine times as long as
the normal generations.  How they do that, and how they know where to fly
is Mother Nature's mystery.

Dan Matyola
*https://tinyurl.com/DJM-Pentax-Gallery