I think mine's the same - about the size and weight of an aluminum baseball bat.

This on the "business" end:

https://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-323-Connect-Adapter-200PL-14/dp/B000JLK5PU

Never want to use it that way, but I could if I had to.

That's another thing I hate about getting old, being afraid of strangers.