> On 19 Dec 2020, at 23:40, mike wilson <m.9.wil...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>

>> On 19 December 2020 at 23:11 Bob Pdml <pdm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Very interesting and atmospheric. By coincidence I have just watched Chris
>> Marker’s ‘movie’ La Jetée* - your photo is very much in the same
>> post-apocalyptic spirit.
>>
>> *Pentax content: apart from a brief few seconds shot with a Bolex, the
>> entire movie was shot with a Spotmatic.
>
> Bolex is primarily a 16mm and smaller format marque.  It's the same aspect
> ratio as 35mm but I would have thought the makers would have wanted to use
> the same film stock and therefore used a 35mm camera.

No, absolutely not. Continuity means nothing to these people. The difference in
film stock is quite evident, and no doubt quite deliberate since it it is the
only moving sequence in the, er, movie.

Many people consider it be the best sci-if film ever made. I haven’t seen
enough sci-if to make a judgement, but it’s a damned good film and it’s kept
the intellos busy for 58 years, and that can’t be bad.