Very interesting, Dan. You & Tom Selleck, hey!

Alan C

On 01-Jan-21 05:09 PM, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
Thanks, Boris!

I don't know if you noticed, my greeting was in Rusyn (Ruthenian) rather
than Great Russian.

We are a tiny and obscure ethnic group, now living mostly in Eastern
Slovakia and Western Ukraine (and the US).  We are known more for good
looks than brains:  Sandra Dee, Robert Urich, Tom Sellick, and Andy Warhol
(Andrei Warhola), and rugged hockey players, like Peter Bondra and Walt
Tkaczuk). Michael Strank was the leader of the Marines who raised the flag
on Iwo Jimo.  In the photo and the memorial, he is the one that has his
hands not on the flagpole but supporting his "boys."

Dan Matyola
*https://tinyurl.com/DJM-Pentax-Gallery