That would be cool. Maybe by then things will be more or less normal with Covid only a memory.

Back when I was 15-1/2 you could get a learner's permit (you could drive with your parents in the car) *IF* you had completed Driver's Ed & if you had Driver's Ed you could take the License test at 16 and were more or less unrestricted after that.

Because of the way my school scheduled Driver's Ed I only had a learner's permit for about a month before I was allowed to take the test.

And I think now the license 16 year olds get (IF they have Driver's Ed) is restrictive. Not supposed to drive after dark ... I don't know how they enforce it though.

Without Driver's Ed you have to wait until age 18 to take the test. And you're insurance rates are going to be a lot higher. But there are still some kids who don't take Driver's Ed for whatever reason.