On 3/4/2021 16:06:53, Bill wrote:
On Thu., Mar. 4, 2021, 1:42 p.m. John, <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

Wasn't "cytokine storm" what made the second wave of Spanish Flu so deadly?

Interesting bit of trivia, the Spanish flu should rightly have been called
the Kansas flu as that is where it came from.

bill

It apparently got the name "Spanish flu" because Spain was in not a belligerent in in the "Great War" and did not censor news about the flu.

All of those involved in the war censored news of the flu because they didn't want the other side to find out how sick the troops were and hence how weak their militaries were as a result.

%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List