On Mar 29, 2021, at 5:30 PM, Alan C <c...@lantic.net> wrote:

> The herd had broken through the fence to get at the grass on the verges. The
> elderly Herdsman with his two dogs seemed totally unperturbed & waved with a
> big smile at the passing motorists.

That cow photo reminded me of Norfolk Island.  The cows roam free and if you
hit one with your car you have to pay to have it butchered.  And no, you don't
get the meat.  This may have changed since we were there as the Australian
mainland now has more control over the island (they were largely independent
before but the finances weren't going so well).

In NZ if stock gets loose the farmer is liable for any damage to vehicles.

Cheers,
Dave
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List