I found House Broken on our way to see Drift Creek Falls.  I’m glad that I
stopped, because it turned out that the road from the South to the trailhead
was closed due to a landslide.   Several days later we went there by way of
Lincoln City.  While I’m not 100% satisfied with my results from the day, it
proved to be a successful recon trip.  I learned that I’d need the 80-200/2.8,
the 18-270 although lighter wasn’t as fast as I would like.  I also learned
that photographing and processing waterfalls is very tricky.  I thought I had
completely blown out the foam on everything, but dialing the highlights way
down in lightroom recovered almost all of the detail.  Also, the next time I
go, I should go early enough to have time to take the trail down to the bottom
of the falls.

Here is a photo that shows both the waterfall and the suspension bridge:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/51134035781/in/album-72157719030165471/

It was a very scenic hike and worth checking out.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157719030165471/

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com