On May 27, 2021, at 11:30, Stanley Halpin <s...@stans-photography.info> wrote:

> Hang around. Abuse and humiliation and neglect are said to be good for the
> soul, and you can find all of that hereā€¦
> And seriously, I have fond memories of sitting around with a group, after the
> Eye, receiving a gift of landscape images from a region I still have yet to
> visit. And you at least have hung in there with Pentax while Cotty and Bob
> have flitted off to other marques. No, no flouncing called for IMNSHO.

A very long time ago, long before I acquired my Asahi Pentax S-1a (1968 while
statioed in Vicenza IT via an unindicted co-conspirator in unit security who
made regular round trips to Japan, taking orders an d shekels and returning
with hardware)(couldn't afford a Honeywell Spotmatic) I messed around with the
likes of pocket Instamatics and home-brew pocket-sized pinholes, so when an
opportunity slapped me upside the heid, I found myself with a Holga, which in
due time bred a Diana, and away I went (with lots of encouragement from the
likes of Ted Orland!). I *do* still have a K-1000 and a K-10D and a Tokina
80-200 zoom and use the dickens out of them, and enjoy the badinage herein
(Thank you LRC! for pointing the way).
--
FUNEM
SVFM