Outstanding.  Have always enjoyed your shots of the heavens.  Too much light pollution around here to even attempt it.

-p

On 3/28/2022 12:28 AM, Larry Colen wrote:
On facebook someone was asking about the 15-30. It turned out that I had
already made an album of some photos I had taken with the 15-30 at night, and I
added a few more stretching the definition of night to duskish.  It turns out
that most of my reasons for the 15-30 are more about versatility (zoom,
reasonably fast, reasonably wide, and weather sealing) rather than absolute
technical ability.  It doesn’t matter how sharp the lens is if I can’t use it
to take the photo I’m trying for.

I bought it when I bought my K-1, because to me the main technical advantage of
the K-1 was faster lenses at wider angle of view than I could get with an APS
body. I.e. there wasn’t a 10-20 that was f/2.8 or faster in APS.

Aside from nerding out about the gear, I think I have gotten a few decent
images with this lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/albums/72157694628847712
--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List

Paul Sorenson
Studio1941

Sooner or later "different" scares people.
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List