Godfrey, good morning!

Things seem to have changed at Apple.

The MacBook Pro I bought in August, updated to OS 16, defaults to storing
=everything= in iCloud.

I found a dialog box that has other options, but they are so obtusely worded
that I’ll need some time to decode them.

I also found this, but haven’t tried it yet:

https://osxdaily.com/2012/08/20/change-save-location-from-icloud-to-local-mac-storage-os-x/

Rick

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List