Am 21.04.23 um 21:22 schrieb Paul Stenquist:

Has anyone else on the list tried this? It’s a function in the latest version
of ACR that is said to use SI for noise reduction. It does a very nice job.
Still trying to decide if it looks natural, but it can certainly save a noisy
shot.

All major image processing software appears to have some AI based
denoising function nowadays.

As some of you might know, I've ditched Adobe's ransomware in favour of
ON1 Photo RAW and its denoising never ceases to amaze me. Best of all,
it doesn't only work on RAW files from digital cameras but also on TIFF
files with analog film data and the results with scans of 25 year old
400 ISO stock are incredible.

Whatever I throw at it, noisy stuff from my *istDS or grainy colour
film, I've got a bunch of shots that I'd never have published otherwise.

The same goes for DxO Photolab 6 but sadly it only works with RAW files,
not scans.

Here's an example from ON1. ISO 400 colour negative made even worse by
having it processed in a 1-hour-minilab, scanned after 25 years.

https://www.fotocommunity.com/photo/pride-of-bruges-fotoralfbe/45950975

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog  : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com