My main system where I edit thousands of images in LR Classic is a 2019 Mac
mini with 32G RAM and 1T startup/internal storage drive. My working image file
repository is a 6T external drive connected to the computer with USB 3.1.

I think they're recommending you have a 1T storage drive as a minimum, because
LR Classic does a lot of reading/writing to disk when in operation, but I
suspect it will work fine with less space if perhaps not as efficiently. I've
run it using systems that have down to 8G RAM without problems.

512GB is really not a lot of storage if you're seriously doing a good bit of
photography these days. A larger external drive for your photo library is
likely a good idea.

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List