> On Jul 18, 2023, at 10:26 AM, Godfrey DiGiorgi <godfreydigio...@me.com> wrote:
>
> I've been using OWC's Mercury Elite Pro drive enclosures for many years, one
> per drive. Not one has failed or had any problems at all, and they're as
> quiet as your drives are.
> https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/firewire/1394/USB/EliteAL/eSATA_FW800_FW400_USB
>
> My standard setup has four of them connected to a USB 12 port hub, connected
> to whatever Mac mini or MacBook I happen to be using, either to a direct USB
> 3 port or to a TB port using a TB to USB3 adapter.
>
> If you want something to reduce cabling, the OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual with
> 3-Port Hub handles two drives with up to 40TB capacity. I could see moving to
> two of these enclosures to reduce desktop clutter, but have no particular
> motivation to do so based upon failures and such so far.

I think I have that in thunderbolt-2 and have been less than thrilled with the
issues I had with T-bolt until I switched over to USB-3. I was just going to
take the drives out of it and put them in something else.  I wonder if there is
something wonky with mine.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com  sent from ret13est