Hmm. I have, at present, three physical volumes comprising the media that LR
Classic 13.1 has imported original files from in that list in the Folders
panel. They never change place on the Folders panel.

The reason for this is probably because, when I set them up, I drilled down
through the directory hierarchy on the volumes to the root of the photo storage
directory trees and then told LR to "Hide Parent Directory" on all folder
hierarchies above (or below, per your perspective) that point. So I don't see,
in LR, all the other directories on the volumes; only the entire directory of
original image files starting at its local root. Any other directory/file
manipulations on these volumes is therefore invisible to LR Classic, and cannot
reorder the placement of the volumes in the Folders listing. There's no need to
see the entire directory tree structure of the import volumes, only the
directory trees from which you have imported files, which should always have a
single root.. that's my logic behind setting it up this way.

That's my conjecture anyway. Try it. :D

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List