On Friday 27 September 2002 10:19, Anthony Farr wrote:
> Thanks for the numbers.  I did extract the search info from the link
> and use them successfully in the search box.
>
> Steven Desjardins had no luck with linking directly to the search
> results, while Ryan Brooks did link straight in, so it appears the US
> Patent Office is fickle about who it talks to :-)  Perhaps at high
> traffic times they spit us out.  The Australian Tax Office does the
> same at lodgement time :-(
I don't think that that is the problem. Due to wrapping of the text in
the email message a lot of email clients will recognize only the first
line of the copied URL as such and ignore the rest. I had that problem
too. I copied all three lines into a text editor, removed the returns,
so it formed one long URL and copied that in my web browser. Then it
worked perfect.
--
Frits J. Wüthrich
(Sent with Kmail)