You're absolutely right about the greater bulk and weight of a 6x7 with
a 165/4. I've found that heavy cameras and lenses are better for hand
held shooting and particularly for pans. The focal length is also
important for pans. You want something in the range of 80 to 200 in 35mm
numbers. And the 165 for a 6x7 is right at the bottom end of that scale.
Paul