Fred, I totally agree.  I wish it were only a fine piece of dust or two in a
few lenses.  I'm not completely anal about keeping my gear clean, but as I
was wiping away a smudge today from my 200mm lens, I noticed a "film" of
fine particles, almost appearing as if they were suspended in one of the
elements.  Then I checked a 135mm.  Same thing.  Then a 50mm.  Same thing.
My 24mm, not to the same degree, but still there.  My 43mm....phew!  Clean
and bright.  But still, nearly every k mount lens has some.  My Voigtlander
glass looks good however, and I'm just now going to look over my Pentax
screwmount lenses.

Chris