Dan Scott wrote:

> Are you sure you're going to want to use a CP with this lens, anyway?
> The angle of view on this lens 84 degrees. That's a pretty broad swath
> of sky or water.

        I think 24mm is a bit wide for useful polarizing, too. I have
        found that a deep sky (2a) or something similar can have a
        good "deepening of the blue sky" effect w/o the perilz of
        polarization so common w/ a wide field of view and the resultant
        variations in degree of polarization across the scene.

        Interestingly, skylight filters seem to work best for this "in
        line" w/ the direction of the light whereas polarizers work
        best at a 90deg angle to the light.

        Bill

        Bill D. Casselberry ; Photography on the Oregon Coast

                                http://www.orednet.org/~bcasselb
                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]