Assuming your tripod is sufficiently sturdy (I'm not personally familiar
with the Slik model you mentioned), it sounds like the wind and the long
shutter speed were definitely responsible for the blurring you observed.

Going to a faster film, like ISO 200 as you suggested, may not be the whole
solution: That'll only take you from 1 sec to 1/4 sec. You're going to have
to compromise somewhere. Reduce depth of field by opening up the lens some
more (it wasn't wide open, was it?), maybe go without the polarizer and
possible tryo a slightly faster film (the Kodak E100VS or E100SW, for
example). A combination of these techniques may get you where you need to
be.

That said, there may not be anything wrong with some of the tree branches
being blurred if the rest of the photo is sharp. It can be a pretty nice
artistic effect. I've seen some of Clyde Bucher's gorgeous black and white
stuff from the Everglades in which many smaller branches are blurred because
of the long exposure time. It can work from an artistic standpoint.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing