From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, 27 November 2002 9:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: A 100/2.8 Macro on eBay

In a message dated 11/26/02 10:24:43 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I distrust the AF lenses (the Limited lenses are the exception)

on general principles. They have a really sloppy feel to them

that I find offensive. I don't believe lenses with that much

slop in them are as good as they could be, and I don't trust

them to not develop more slop over time. To me, a lens whose

mechanics feel imprecise is going to be an optically imprecise

lens.

The Limited lenses that I have handled don't share the

mechanical sloppiness of the other AF lenses I have handled.

William Robb >>

I know what you are saying about Autofocus lenses William and I felt the
same
way, but once you start using them you will quickly find that they are much
better than you ever imagined. They don't feel as nice but the results are
excellent. I find myself depending on autofocus more and more. Technology
doesn't always feel good but it's hard to argue with the results...
Vic