Butch wrote:

> As a photofinisher I must disagree. Technically only 1 point is in actual
> focus, everything else is increasingly out of focus (circle of confusion).
> So as you enlarge further, less area is perceived to be in focus.

The point in focus will be equally less sharp with magnification. The prceived DOF is
related to the focus difference between the point in focus and the DOF zone. This is
constant with magnification.
Another issue is that larger images a viewed from a longer distance negating any
reduction of sharpness due to magnification.

Pål