>> Hi Alan,
>> I disagree with almost everything you say about the
43mm ltd. Actually, the 43mm ltld. is a really special
lens. The question is rather if you like it's
characteristics or not. But that is a totally
different matter ...

>Guess I just can't stand the bright-edge bokeh of the
43. :)

>regards,
>Alan Chan

I think this is a feature, not a fault :-)
In fact the out of focus part are clearly separated
from the sharp part for such a wide lens (some of your
examples show this). IMO the intense colors of the out
of focus images are a hallmark of the 43mm ltd lens
and contribute to the the 3D-effect Pål is so
enthusiastic about.
However, it is quite a difference to the "milky",
softy and low contrast out of focus images of the 1.4
and 1.2 50mm lenses. Which one is better? It depends

All the best,
Alexander