On 1/12/2016 7:47 μμ, Pieter Lexis wrote:

On CentOS 7, logging to syslog is disabled in the systemd unit file. You could
ship the message via the systemd-journal_or_  create an override unit file to
enable syslog.

Thank you Pieter for your reply,

In my system, rsyslog is in fact enabled and working. For example, openldap which writes to local4 (per the default configuration) works fine (via local4).

In any case, the log entries *do* reach /var/log/messages, as I have explained. So rsyslog DOES receive them, but they do not seem to reach localN (where N=0,...) facility.

What else may be the problem?

Nick