So, when trying to upload the latest Xdebug release I get this
*incorrect* nonsense preventing me from making a release:

        ERROR:

                The compliance between the package version in package.xml and
        extension source code couldn't be reliably determined. This check fixes
        the (unintended) version mismatch in phpinfo() and the PECL website.
                To pass please #define PHP_MYEXTNAME_VERSION "2.2.4" in your
        php_myextname.h or any other header file and use it for
        zend_module_entry definition.
                Both version strings have to match.

This pisses me off. Do not ever block uploads because of some arbitrary
rule of how you should think my code should look like. The versions
numbers are correct and properly defined with a constant:

        php_xdebug.h:#define XDEBUG_VERSION    "2.2.4"

Requiring that this constant should ahve PHP in it is stupid and
arbitrary decision that doesn't help anybody. If and only *if* you want
to enforce those rules, do it in the *package* state, and *never* when
everything is ready to go to just be rejected.

Besides that, the code that checks for this doesn't seem to be in PECL
web either:

        derick@whisky:~ $ cd dev/php/peclweb
        [GIT: master]

        derick@whisky:~/dev/php/peclweb $ git remote -v
        origin  g...@git.php.net:/web/pecl.git (fetch)
        origin  g...@git.php.net:/web/pecl.git (push)

        [GIT: master]
        derick@whisky:~/dev/php/peclweb $ git pull
        Already up-to-date.

        [GIT: master]
        derick@whisky:~/dev/php/peclweb $ grep -r "compliance between" *

It looks like the last commit was in december 2012 which is clearly a lie.
Where is the current code?

cheers,
Derick

--