On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 8:37 PM, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 8:31 PM, Ferenc Kovacs <tyr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > 2014.06.16. 19:00, "Pierre Joye" <pierre....@gmail.com> ezt írta:

> >> Sorry Matt, but that VM is planed for automated builds not for
> >> development or testing. Just to clarify.
> >>

> > You lack the time to set up another vm for development, or the hardware?
> >
> > I'm glad that you have a clear roadmap for the pipelined pecl builds,
> but I
> > still think that it would be nice if the development would be more
> > transparent and there would be an easy way for others to chip in if they
> > want.
> >
> > I don't really mind if you decide that the development/maintenance of
> some
> > tools/services are off limit for the non Microsoft personels, but then
> those
> > tools/services should be hosted outside of the php.net domain.
>
> we do not provide access within our infrastructure. Eventually via
> external hosters from time to time but I'd rather provide msdn
> licenses to developers for testing/devs instead of providing many VMs.
> And that's what we do, easier for everyone, works with linux, mac or
> windows hosts (laptop or whatever)
>
> > So could you please
> > 1, make sure that the rmtools is running from a repo hosted on
> git.php.net
> > and periodically updated.
> > 2, add that repo to the global_avail using an existing group or defining
> > new
>
> it does, as stated numerous time in the list.

I must have missed those mails, but based on the recent bulk of
commits(pushed on jun 3, commits dating back to april) I also assumed that
the production code is not updated through git, but vica versa.
The reply from Anatol didn't really helped to clear that up:
http://news.php.net/php.pecl.dev/11868
So assuming that I commit+push something to the master branch of
http://git.php.net/?p=web/rmtools.git;a=summary would that show up
automatically?

> And PRs/Patches will be
> reviewed. We only won't use rmtools build parts for pecl snapshot or
> release builds in the mid term, especially as it was a hack to help
> windows users to get DLLs for releases.

I don't mind if you want to review the changes, I just don't want to block
others who are willing to work.
Worse case Hannes never finds the time to contribute or he does and that
will be a wasted effort when the new pickle based autobuild system is
finished. I don't think that we have anything to lose here, and I'm fairly
sure that Hannes is willing to risk his work being wasted.

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu