On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:30:36 -0700, Daniel Groulx wrote:
> when tryed opening some of pcb designs it reported the same error
> message like before:
>
> "Format '%x' invalid or incompatible with argument."
>
> I've seen this problem before,
>
> The fix is
> Click on browse PCB tab
> Select Libraries
> Click add/Remove
> Then click OK on the add/remove library form.
>
> That's it!!!

This is really interesting information, I'll have to try it the next
time I see this error. Since I switched main computers about a year
ago I've seen this problem occasionally also, where I never saw it
with my old PC. I assumed it was something peculiar about my
Protel99SE installation or that I was getting corrupt ini and config
files (a known problem that's been discussed here before).

My solution has been to copy some older saved config files (which I
know do not cause the same error to occur) to the WINNT directory.
This "fix" now makes sense why it works as it copies ini and config
files which don't call for the same PCB libraries to be loaded. It
appears instead that there is something wrong with one of my PCB
libraries or possibly the way Protel is pointing to/referencing them.

This is the one last annoying thing about everyday use of Protel that
I encounter and if I can fix it reliably I'll be a happy camper!

Matt Pobursky
Maximum Performance Systems