Jim and John,

Fill Mode is set to Solid Copper in the polygon menu, and everything
in the Options Display is set to final.  Polygon re-pour is set to
Never, and it has always asked if I wanted to rebuild after any editing.

However, I did try the various settings and the Fill Mode is acting
oddly.  When I set it to Solid, the outline is 'zero'  width, when
set to None the outline is 10 mils wide, and when set to hatched, it
fills in the area with an open grid.

My short term solution may be to just pick a trace width greater then
the grid spacing and let it fill in that way.

I do appreciate the responses since it led me to a way out of the
problem (and back on schedule!)

Thanks.

Stan