Yes, I think it would be more correct from Peirce's perspective to say that
green is a quality (property, characteristic) of some frogs. Qualities may (or
likely do) relate to the physical properties of humans in some way, but
Peirce's semiotic is normative, logically objective and not dependent upon
human minds. It's both the whole of formal logic and the lead of formal logic,
as speculative grammar.

The late semiotician, Thomas Sebock developed a thoroughgoing "semiotic web"
that is shown in diagrammatic form in  John Deeley's intro to the book
"FRONTIERS IN SEMIOTICS." I find that diagram and Deeley's introduction to this
book as a very useful overview for understanding/explaining the breadth/depth
of Peircean semiotics (and its contrast with de Saussure).

Regards,
Phyllis Chiasson