Am I correct in interpreting Peirce's concept of Nominalism as believing that
we make it up as we go; that before we name a thing or concept, it does not
have being? And that Peirce's realism says things, including concepts and
stuff, have being (and therefore reality) whether anyone ever knows or names
things?

If I read him correctly, then we may be essential for the practice (existence?)
of pragmaticism but not for being or reality, which do not require human minds
or any minds for its operation.

(Speaking of which, I just had one, so I may have missed the point of this
conversation.)

Regards, Phyllis