Gary R wrote:that Induction split, at once, into the Sampling of Collections,
and the Sampling of Qualities. . . " (*Pragmatism as a Principle and Method of
Right Thinking: The 1903 Harvard Lectures on Pragmatism*, Turrisi, ed. 276-7).

Yet later,  in1908 in NA, Peirce identified 1. Retro. 2 deduction types
(theorematic & axiomatic sp?)  And 3 kinds of induction (crude, qualitative,
quantitative).

Phyllis